|SafeSend Exchange Suite version only.|
Secure messages can be sent to any email address from Outlook® using the SafeSend Exchange plug-in. You can enter a message for the recipient and choose the authentication method required (if firm settings allow). To send a message from your online account, see the Composing a New Secure Message Online article.
You must have installed the SafeSend Exchange Outlook® Plugin to send a secure message. See the Download and Install the Outlook® Plug-In article for installation steps.
- Click New Email in Outlook®.
- Click Send from the SafeSend Exchange Plugin in the top right corner.
- Click to open a file browser or drag/drop files to upload.
- Click Continue.
- Enter recipient email addresses in the To field.
- Enter a Subject Line for the message.
- Exchange automatically adds the recipient and subject line to the Outlook® email.
- Enter a Message.
- Click the Shield icon to change the authentication method.
- Click the Retention Period drop-down to change the expiration date for the mail.
- Click the Email me when files are downloaded box to receive an email when the client downloads their documents.
- Click Finish.
- Select an authentication question if the Question and Answer authentication method was selected.
- Enter an answer to the question if the Question and Answer authentication method was selected.
- Click Next to add a link to your email template.
- Click Send in Outlook® to deliver the secure mail to your intended recipient.