DropOff links are used to send information securely. No Account or Login is required and the link, most often, resides in the requester’s email signature or on their company website. If information has been requested, you can easily send it securely by following the below steps.
IMPORTANT: The link may be named something other than the example below.
- Click the Link, and an internet browser will launch. You will see the company name/logo and the HELP contact information.
- Select Recipient(s)
- If the list is long, use the Search fields for ease of use. Enter the first or last name, click ‘Search’ and ‘Select’ the name of the recipient(s).
- The recipient’s name may or may not pre-fill. If you need to select a recipient’s name, Click the “+” sign and Select a name(s) you wish to send information.
- If you do not see the “+” sign you will have to manually enter the email of the person you wish to send your files to. If it is correct the typed email will change to the first and last name of the person you wish to send to.
- If the email address is entered incorrectly the below error message will appear. You will have to type the email address again until it entered correctly.
- Complete Required Fields (Marked with a Red Asterisk * and may vary)
- Your Email, First Name & Last Name
- Attach File(s): Send up to 25 files per transfer. File size limitation 3GB (Depending on internet speed and connection quality)
- You can drag and drop the file/files into the gray area
- You can also click the gray file area, this will launch your File Explorer to choose files you want from your machine
- Click “Send File(s)” to initiate the "Access Code" process
To verify that you have access to the email address you entered, you will be sent an access code. This security feature will keep unwanted files from being sent to the firm.
Important: Access Codes expire in ten minutes
- You will see the below screen pop up
- This screen will let you know you have been sent an access code and will also display the email address it has sent the Access Code to. Please confirm the address is correct
- If you do not receive the email click the "Resend Access Code" button to prompt another email or check your junk/spam folders
- You will then receive an email that looks like the below
- Copy and paste or key in the code in the access code box
- Click "Continue"
- Upload Complete Confirmation: When your file(s) have been successfully uploaded, you will receive a notification stating, “Upload Successful”. You are done!
IMPORTANT: Depending on the number of files being uploaded, the size of the file(s) and your internet connection, this could take a few minutes. You can follow the Upload Status with the percentage meter.